Akimbo Audiobook Player 1.4.7 Apk | 1.6 MB | Mediafire Download
Requires Android:2.1 and up
# The cover section in the player screen is clickable. Click action is configured in Settings/Player/ Cover Pressed Action.
# Added options to pause the book when another app (e.g., navigation) uses audio and resume play afterwards. Note: this only works in Android 2.2 and above. Mode is configured in Settings/Player/Action on External Audio.
# The app can now be registered as the default music app to be launched.
Akimbo player is the most comprehensive audio book player in the market. It is specifically tailored for audio book formats (M4A, M4B, MP3) and comes equipped with various features such as: identify chapters and covers in all types of books; maintain position and volume per book; partial speed control support (see below); allow numerous ways to change your position (from configurable step button to a “go to any position” dialog), bookmarks and more…
IMPORTANT NOTE: due to the differences in audio capabilities between different Android OS versions and device models, it is recommended you install the trial version before using this application, to ensure that your audio files are playable on your device: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.akimbo.abp.trial
Read the full manual at https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0ByHIlLQe6aBaYWVkNDlmNmEtOTc0ZC00ZDlhLTliNGMtOTAxOWM2YmVmZGE1&export=download&hl=en
• Supports all the major audio book and other audio formats: M4A, M4B (including iPod chaptered books), MP4, MP3, ogg vorbis.
• Reads cover images and chapter information from within audio book files.
• Parses WMA and FLAC (actual ability to play depends on your device).
• Maintain your last position and last set volume level for each book.
• Partial play speed control (IMPORTANT: requires purchase of Presto app and is limited to MP3 and OGG formats, will not work on M4B books).
• Allows bookmarks for each book.
• Configurable step buttons for quick shifts forwards or backwards.
• Easy to use “go to” dialog that will take you instantly to any chapter or position throughout the book.
• Home Screen Widget.
• Allows a one-click automatic download of covers for any book, or for your entire library at once.
• A configurable “lock” mode, which prevents accidental changes of position during play.
• Sleep Timer, pausing play after a specified time.
• Loads your entire library at once: offers a one-click scan of any folder tree on your device.
• The player screen offers a host of accessibility and experience improving features, including large-font and human voice indication (and approval) for your actions.
• Allows undoing and redoing any accidental change in position while listening.
For easy listening to your audiobook without looking at the screen (while engaged in some other action or for the visually impaired) it offers a range of accessibility features (including human voice indications) as well as an option to lock the player against accidental changes.
The player is highly recommended not just for audiobooks, but for any episodic format, such as music albums or podcasts.
Download - Market