Bitdefender Mobile Security 1.1.320 apk | 555 KB | Mediafire Download
Requires Android:2.0 and up
Bitdefender Mobile Security is a lightweight solution for Android devices
Bitdefender Mobile Security (BETA) is a next-gen antivirus solution for Android devices focused on little (to zero) system or battery impact while providing access to a number of security functions in order to help you have a safer and more informed Android experience.
Currently in BETA, we’re aiming at validating a small array of features while, in background, we’re working hard on adding a host of new functionalities to add extra layers of security for your device. Our main focus is to provide as much as possible while sticking to a very strict policy in terms of performance and battery impact.
Note: BMS will become device admin. Should you choose to uninstall it at some point, the Device Admin right needs to be revoked first
- NEW!!! Remotely Lock the device
- NEW!!! Remotely make the device play a sound
- NEW!!! Remotely send a message to the device
- Anti-Theft - You need only to link your device with your Bitdefender account and remotely wipe or locate your phone from https://my.bitdefender.com
- SD Card Scanning - Whenever an on-demand scan is performed, the contents of the SD Card will also be scanned for apps that can pose a threat to your device. Optional, the SD Card will also be scanned on-mount
- Very small battery or performance impact
- On-demand malware scanner, relying fully on Cloud technology (read: no updates required)
- On-install scan - a hook on the application install event allows us to scan each application the moment it gets installed
- Security Audit - Have you ever wondered how many applications installed on your device have been granted permission to access your private data ? Or connect to the internet ? Or send text messages ? The Security Audit screen grants you the possibility to have an overview on what applications match various permissions.
- Web Security - keeps you safe against the risks that you are exposed to while navigating on the Internet. It is integrated seamlessly into the Android default browser and relies on the Cloud technology.
Q: Where do I send my compliments, suggestions, bug reports and feedback ?
Q: How will Bitdefender Mobile Security impact my device’s performance and battery autonomy?
A: The impact on both parameters is very low because the application only runs when it absolutely has to - during on-install or on-demand scans and when you are browsing the application interface. Bitdefender does not run in the background when you call your buddies, type a message or play a game on your device.
Q: What does the Security Audit tell me about the applications I installed?
A: By tapping Security Audit in the application interface you can see the permissions required by each of the applications installed on your device. The permissions are grouped into three categories and you can filter the applications using any combination of the three:
- applications that require Internet access.
- applications that require access to sensitive data such as your contacts, messages, calendar entries or photo gallery.
- applications that may produce additional charges on your phone bill by sending messages or initiating phone calls.
Q: Why does Bitdefender Mobile Security need each permission for?
INTERNET -> used for cloud communication
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE -> used to detect if the device is connected to the Internet
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED & READ_PHONE_STATE -> used to extract some device info in order to create an unique ID when communicating to Bitdefender cloud
READ/WRITE_HISTORY_BOOKMARKS -> Web Security module deletes malicious sites from your browsing history
READ_LOGS -> Bitdefender Mobile Security detects traces of malware activity from the Android logs
R/W_SMS & R/W_CONTACTS & R/W_EXTERNAL_STORAGE & MANAGE_ACCOUNTS -> Required for remote wipe function
LOCATION -> Required for geolocation
Download - Market